water fun at Auntie Suzy's house

at the beach with cousin Andrea

Carly's dance recital

beach day

Sunday, May 16, 2010

A note from Cori

When Abby was first diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor, I was in total disbelief and had a hard time accepting our new reality. This illness affects the whole family and without the outpour of love and support we receive on a daily basis, our family would not be as strong as we are today. Knowing how many people are praying for Abby everyday brings me to tears because it is truly remarkable how many people genuinely care. When I’m feeling sad or frustrated about this journey that we never wanted to take, this is what gets me over the hump and puts a smile back on my face. Thank you to all those who care, you will always hold a special place in my heart.


To all of the awesome mom’s from Blessed Sacrament Preschool in Arizona…

Thank you so much for all the time and energy invested in planning the fundraiser at Peter Piper Pizza. Due to the unpredictability of Abby’s illness I was unable to attend, but I have heard through numerous emails and voice mails what a truly amazing event it was! Thank you also to everyone who contributed to the evening to help make it such a success! I am so touched that so many people took time out of their lives to support my family. 


To Girl Scout Troop 1526, the staff at Nicholas Valley Elementary School, Mrs. T. (Abby’s 1st grade teacher) and my sisters Julie and Suzy…

It takes a pretty spectacular school and community to pull off an event like “Abby’s Carnival!” Thanks to everyone for coming out and contributing in so many ways…from working the game booths to walking the cake walk, it is all pretty phenomenal that everyone was there for the same reason…to support our girl. It was an awesome night, one that I will never forget!


To our family, friends, and anyone that has been touched by hearing Abby’s story…THANK YOU! Your graciousness and generosity will forever impact our family.


Much love to all, 

Cori


2 comments:

  1. Cori...We are all so very proud of the strength you have shown. You are such an awesome mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad you are all a part of the NVES family. Tesla Anne says she hopes you are having fun in the playroom playing air hockey. We all miss you so much and can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete